Hong Kong, City all records for fine wines, had to go to New York its position as the No. 1 auctions of wine at the end of second quarter 2012. A sale of prestigious bottles of Yquem and Cheval Blanc, organized by Sotheby's in New York, contributed.
Since 2 years, instead of Hong Kong has stepped up big auctions of wine, leading companies selling moving entire teams to hold auctions of prestige. In the second quarter 2012, the trend reversed and New York has regained its position as No. 1. The early 2012 has indeed been marked by the sharp fall in sales in the Asian spot : the volume of auctions has been almost halved between the 2Not registered yet? quarter 2011 and the 2Not registered yet? quarter 2012, to $ 35MUSD.
New York, at the same time, has slightly increased its numbers, from a sales volume of USD 41.2 million in the second half 2011 to 45,3 Million USD in the same period 2012. It must be said that a sale, held in New York at Sotheby's, contributed : bottles directly from the chateaux of Cheval Blanc and Yquem, on sale in April, reached record price levels. The first classified growth of Saint-Emilion, from great vintages, était mis en vente dans des contenants rares : magnums, of course, but also double-magnums, balthazar (12 liters), Nebuchadnezzar (15 liters) and Melchior (18 liters). One of the most significant auction has been on a magnum Chateau Cheval Blanc 1947, awarded 61 250 USD, whether 46 219€.
At Chateau d'Yquem, they are vintage collectibles qui étaient offerts aux enchères : 1982, 1896, 1899, 1918, 1937, 1945, 1947, 1967S dream ... lovers being set up a vertical ...
Source : Wine Spectator
Quelques résultats :
- Chateau d'Yquem 1892 : 41 597€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1896 : 25 412€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1899 : 27 732€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1918 : 18 488€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1937 : 3 852€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1945 : 4 930€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1947 : 4 930€
- Chateau d'Yquem 1947 : 10 400€ (Hermitage La Chapelle 1990 magnum)
- Chateau d'Yquem 1967 : 3 659€
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 1947 : 46219€ (Hermitage La Chapelle 1990 magnum)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 1947 : 23 110€
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2000 : 2619€ (Hermitage La Chapelle 1990 magnum)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2005 : 32354€ (Melchior)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2005 : 23110€ (balthazar)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2005 : 4930€ (double-magnum)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2009 : 27732€ (Nebuchadnezzar)
- Chateau Cheval Blanc 2009 : 39287€ (Melchior)
Check sales of Bordeaux wines on iDealwine
Search the rating of the wines Chateau Cheval Blanc
Search the rating of the wines Chateau d'Yquem
Locate the price of a wine